Sunday, February 15, 2009

Postsecretzzzzzzzz

This week's set of postsecrets were very romantically inclined due to Valentines Day and what not... but I think there was one that really got into my head.
I remember having this exact thought almost a week ago when searching through a set of old old old old old pictures of mine. It was a picture of me with a friend, lying somewhere, clad in pjs, looking...idk...happy. It was probably up until that point the single greatest moment of my life, and in fact I can't think of many other moments since then that have been better. Obviously I blew it with the friend, since I have a penchant for ruining things that are great and she probably doesn't even remember that the picture exists. Why does this matter? It doesn't... Just thought you should all know.

Now that Valentine's Day is over I can post this question without the fear of couples everywhere attacking me...all at once.
Is it better to be with someone you love? Or someone who loves you? Now hear me out. You will never be in a relationship where everything is 50/50, one person always loves the other person more. The closest you can get is 49/51, either in your favor or against you. In my experience knowing that you love someone more than they love you is the worst feeling because it's comparable to trying to hold on to sand...no matter how much you want to hold on to them,inevitably, you feel them slipping out of your hand. But....when you love someone less than they love you, it gets boring after awhile and always in the back of your head you're stuck thinking, "wow, I should be somewhere else with someone better." OK, maybe the 50/50 love isn't impossible to attain but I think it's rare and if you do have it then I suggest you hold onto it. I hate that I just said that it's rare, because now everyone who KNOWS (inside) that they don't have that 50/50 love will claim that their love is the exception, that they have that 50/50 love. Love is crazy, it makes us lie to ourselves. Even the most blatant truths can become obscure lies with love. I can guarantee almost no one that reads this blog has it so shutatheface.

l-m-f-a-o.....sometimes I think this is why I was so forgiving in the past

I kind of wish the dude did too....


Peace out cub scout!

No comments: